Canada sets preliminary duties on rebar imports from seven countries
Posted on 08 February 2021
In a preliminary determination the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on Feb. 4 found that steel reinforcing bars from Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam were being dumped into the Canadian market.
The CBSA established preliminary antidumping duties in the range of roughly 4%-28%.
Provisional duties will now be payable on the subject goods at the following rates:
• All exporters in Italy, Malaysia and Singapore: 28.4%
• All exporters in Egypt: 22.0%
• Algeria: 4.5% for Spa Tosyali Iron Steel Industry Algerie and 13.7% for all other Algeria exporters.
• Indonesia: 11.3% for PT Putra Baja Deli and 28.4% for all other Indonesia exporters
• Vietnam: 3.7% for Hoa Phat Dung Quat Steel Joint Stock Co. and 15.4% for all other Vietnam exporters.Source : Platts