Training on Theory and Operational Experiences of Rolling of Long Products
24 May 2015 - 24 May 2015
This training is organised in conjunction with the 2015 SEAISI Conference & Exhibition in Manila, Philippines and is intended for rolling mill engineers and technicians who are working in the long products area. The course will cover four different technical aspects present in a rolling mill process.
1) A refresher on theoretical background of rolling process.
2) Define operations improvement and productivity.
3) Sharing of operational experiences at BSW's rolling mill, mainly on:
· Creation of process standards
· Maintenance for an efficient rolling
· How to handle undesired process stops
4) Assure repeatability of efficiency process and good product quality.
Mr. William Kane Garcia, rolling process expert of BSW (Badische Stahl Werke GMBH). He started his career as a non-destructive testing engineer at a DRI and Steelmaking plant before joining the BSE (Badische Stahl Engineering GMBH) as a project manager, consulting rolling mill. Since 2010, Mr. William Kane Garcia has been involved in BSW's wire rod mill revamping project. In 2014 he changed to BSW to accompany the start-up phase of the the new mill. He is pursuing a PhD in Germany in the area of hot rolling of stainless steel strip. He has great industry experience in various consultancy projects concerning difference areas in rolling mill like hot charging and product surface defects, basic rolling training, designing of quenching lines, etc.
event_file1_20150410103948_2015 Technical Training.pdf