2003 Conference & Exhibition
29 July 2003 - 01 August 2003
The theme of 'Achieving a Sustainable Steel Industry in Asia' has been specially chosen so that we can hear of what is being done or needs to be done to secure the long-term future of the regional steel industry. We are a major part of the global steel industry and our plans and actions must reflect this and make a significant contribution to achieving the goals of the world iron and steel industry. The Conference has been designed to include both technical and non-technical topics and the suggested topics list reflects this. We still require technical papers to be submitted by our members from the steel companies, raw material suppliers, consumable suppliers, and engineering companies which cover operations, engineering, research and development, new technology, etc. as there have been many significant developments from these areas which have already contributed to the sustainability of the industry. By the inclusion of non-technical topics, we are providing an opportunity for our members that work in marketing, finance, personnel planning, transport, information technology, or in government and industry associations to present papers to highlight their contribution to the future of our industry both here in Asia and worldwide.
- Strategies and Restructuring for Sustainable Steel Industry;
-- Creating & Improving Company Share Value;
-- Global and Regional Steel Industry Alliances.
- Government and the Steel Industry;
-- Trade Problem and Prospect both Global and Regional;
-- ASEAN Free Area (AFTA)and Its Impact.
- Capitalizing on the Resource.
- Moving up the Value Adding Chain of Products.
- Logistics for the Materials and Steel Products.
- New Products and Applications for Promoting Steel Markets.
- New Processes and Technologies for the Future to Give Differentiation.
- Supporting Technologies for Enhancing Production Efficiency.
- Operation and Maintenance Technologies for Steel Industry.
- Current and Next Generation of IT, e-Commerce and PI.
- Environmental and Recycling Technologies
- Alternative Raw Material Sourcing
Event Theme:Achieving a Sustainable Steel Industry in Asia