Danieli green-field meltshop supplied to Gerdau
The new meltshop of Gerdau, located in Santa Fe, has started production.
It has a nominal capacity of about 650,000 tpy of 130 mm square billets in Low and Medium carbon steel.
Produced billets will feed the existing rolling mill, previously supplied by Danieli to SIPAR, now part of Gerdau.
For this green-field project, Danieli supplied all the main technological and auxiliary equipment, including:
- Flexible 75-t FastArc™ AC electric arc furnace;
- Ladle furnace, with inert-type roof;
- Complete material handling system;
- Three-strand, 9-m radius, FastCast™ conticaster;
- Complete fume treatment plant with total suction capacity up to 1.6 MEm3/h;
- Complete water treatment plant;
- Main EOT cranes for scrap yard, charging & teeming and billet handling bays.
The EAF melts scrap that is processed locally by an inclined scrap shear of 1,100-ton capacity, which is also part of the Danieli supply.
The main production units are equipped with the latest Danieli technological packages, and controlled by a Danieli Automation Level 2 system.
Source: Danieli News and Events