The 2018 ASEAN Iron and Steel Sustainability Forum, the year-end event of the Institute, will be held at Hotel Equatorial Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam from 26 to 28 November 2018.
The Opening Session will feature two keynote speakers. Mr. Chu Duc Khai, Vice-Chairman and General Secretary of the Vietnam Steel Association, will talk about “Vietnam Steel Industry: Next Leap of Transformation”. The other keynote speaker is the Director General of the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Transport of Vietnam, Associate Professor Hoang Ha, who will present a report on “Advanced Technology in Construction of Transportation Infrastructure in Vietnam and Requirements for Steel Materials”.
This year’s event will continue to provide special focus on the construction sector, the biggest steel consuming sector in ASEAN. Thus, there will be a number of dedicated sessions on this sector viz. Steel Applications for Sustainable Construction Sector; Steel Construction: Developments and Applications; Steel Processing Development for Steel Structure; Manufacturing & Technology Development for Steel Construction; Design and Technology Trend for Steel Structure & Infrastructure; and Technology and Business Development for Steel Construction. Some of the interesting papers that will be presented in the above sessions include:
- The Development of Hot Rolled Coil for Construction Purpose with Improved Physical and Chemical Properties
- Development of High-Performance Steel Plates for Bridges in CSC
- Application of High-Performance Weathering Steel in Bridges
- Alternative Design of Shoring System Using H300 Section
- Innovative and Cost Advanced Electric Steelmaking for the Construction Sector
- The Valuable Contribution of Hot Dip Galvanising to Sustainable Steel Construction
- Studies on the Decarburised Layer at Weld Seam of Structural Pipes to CVN Toughness at Low Temperature
- Online-to-Offline (020) Trading for Steel & Construction Material
- Problems and Countermeasures of Quality of Fabricated Steel Structures in Thailand
- Transformation of Singapore Construction Industry Through PPVC Method of Construction
Delegates to the Forum will also be updated on the latest developments in the steel industry through the session on Steel Market Developments. The following papers have been slotted in this session:
- Update on ASEAN Steel Development Scenario by SEAISI
- Outlook for Vietnam Steel Industry in 2018 - The Role of The Construction Industry in Vietnam Steel Consumption by Vietnam Steel Corporation
- Global Steel and Scrap Flows Turned Upside Down in 2018. What More Can We Expect in the Coming Year? by Metal Bulletin
- World Steel’s Perspective on EAF vs BOF in Coming Years by World Steel Association
- Trump on Trade: The Other Great Wall by Kallanish Steel
For plant tour on day three of the event, delegates will have the opportunity to travel to Phu My Industrial Park at Ba Ria Vung Tau Province to visit two of the leading domestic steel companies in Vietnam. The first company will be the Southern Steel Company Ltd, a manufacturer of round bar, deformed bar, angle bar and wire rod. The other company is Hoa Sen Group which operates the Phu My Steel Sheet Plant producing galvanised steel sheet, aluminium-zinc alloy coated steel sheet, pre-painted galvanised steel sheet and other alloy coated steel.
For detailed information and registration, visit the SEAISI official website at www.seaisi.org. Register now to participate in this important year-end event of the Institute!
TAN AH YONG