Steel Prices in China
- The average price of 6.5mm Q235 high speed wire rod in China fell 11 yuan per tonne from the previous trading day to 2,676 yuan per tonne on Wednesday; that of 20mm HRB400 rebar lost 12 yuan per tonne to 2,613 yuan per tonne. - source: SteelHome
- The prices of 20# 50-130mm rounds sourced from Zenith Steel Group and Changqiang Iron & Steel – the major producers in Jiangsu province – to Yuan 2,850/mt ($459/mt) and Yuan 2,800/mt ($451/mt) respectively, exworks including VAT. Huaigang Special Steel in Jiangsu also cut its price by Yuan 60/mt ($10/mt) to Yuan 2,860/mt ($460/mt) with VAT on Wednesday. - source: Platts
- In Zhejiang province's Hangzhou market Wednesday, the spot price for Shagang-sourced 16-25mm diameter HRB400 rebar was around Yuan 2,520-2,550/mt including VAT. - source: Platts
- The Jiangsu-based mill also shaved its HPB300 wire rod price by Yuan 80/mt to Yuan 2,750/mt including VAT. Platts assessed China-origin 6.5mm diameter SAE1008 wire rod export prices at $370-380/metric ton FOB, down $7.5/mt on-week.
Chinese traders were offering boron-added rod at $380-385/mt FOB, for material sourced from Jiujiang Wire Rod, compared with last week's $395-400/mt FOB.
Despite doubts about the drawing quality of chromium-added wire rod, offers for such products are still available at about $370-380/mt FOB. A certain mill was offering trial lots of Cr-added rod at $360/mt FOB. Offers for Cr-added wire rod were prevailing at $385-400/mt CFR Taiwan and Southeast Asia, regional traders said. - source: Platts
- The average price of 2.75mm hot-rolled coil in China fell another 16 yuan per tonne from the previous trading day to 2,971 yuan per tonne on Wednesday and that of 1.0mm cold-rolled coil was down 19 yuan per tonne to 3,775 yuan per tonne. - source: SteelHome
- SteelHome daily price assessment of 8mm medium plate in China reached 3,066 yuan per tonne on Wednesday, down 15 yuan per tonne from the previous trading day.- source: SteelHome
Steel Prices in Other Countries
- The Platts daily assessment of US West Coast containerized HMS 80:20 fell $5/mt Wednesday to $230-235/mt FAS Port of Los Angeles. - source: Platts
- United States shredded scrap prices remained flat week-on-week at $347 a long ton (delivered mill) in the week ended January 19. - source: Steel Index
- Taiwanese containerized scrap import prices for HMS #1&2 80:20 dropped further by $5 a ton to $260 a ton in the week ended January 16. source: Steel Index
- Steel First sister title AMM's weekly US East Coast Ferrous Scrap Export Index for HMS 1&2 (80:20) settled at $296.86 per tonne fob New York on Monday, down by 0.9% from $299.47 per tonne previously on two cargo sales reported over the past week.
- The daily USA-origin index closed at $306.93 per tonne cfr, also down by $7.29 per tonne day-on-da. - source: Steel First
- Platts assessed the CIS billet price at $393/mt FOB Black Sea on Wednesday, down $2/mt on day.- source: Platts
Bar/ Wire rod
- Steel First's price assessment for domestic rebar in Northern Europe stood at €430-445 ($498-515) per tonne delivered, unchanged since early December – source: Steel First
- Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) rebar offer price will be at around US$541/ton. – source: Yieh
- The Platts daily assessment of A36 commodity plate fell $10 on Wednesday to $730-740/st ex-works southeastern US mill. - source: Platts
- Platts held its HRC price assessment firm Wednesday at $560-570/st and its cold-rolled coil assessment firm at $690-710/st. All prices are normalized to a Midwest (Indiana) ex-works basis. - source: Platts
- ·US Spot prices for hot rolled coil are about $550 to $575 per ton ($27.50 to $28.75 per hundredweight) – Source: Steel First
- Steel First's price assessments for hot rolled coil (HRC) on January 21 stood at €400-410 ($463-475) per tonne ex-works in Northern Europe and €385-395 ($446-457) per tonne ex-works in Southern Europe – source: Steel First